What is Colorado Springs Together?
We Are Here To:
- Help the victims of the Waldo Canyon Fire
- Make sure progress is made efficiently and effectively
- Focus and coordinate efforts
- Leverage the assets and skills we have
- Respond as our city's "Type 1" recovery team
- Be a single point for the collection of funds
- Keep these funds within our local economy
- Be the focal point of information for the community
- Remain until our community is fully restored
- Meet human need, clean up, and rebuild
- Ensure the restored areas are better than ever
We Are Not Here To:
Replace or overshadow the response by other organizations offering relief. Rather we will be linking to and partnering with other local organizations that have more specific purposes and will be more effective in many instances.
An independent 501(c)(3) Non-Profit
Colorado Springs Together is a community-driven volunteer effort, and is an independent 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. The team members are distinguished citizens, business professionals and dedicated public servants in the community, facilitating and coordinating a quick and effective rebuilding process for the neighborhoods devastated on June 26, 2012, by the Waldo Canyon Fire.